Thursday, July 29, 2010

Meeting New Wives

Today, if everything goes right, I'm going to meet a new wife from my husband's ship. I'm super excited! I've talked to her on Facebook and through text messages, but never met her in person. She's new to Hampton Roads, and she happened to come at a time when the ship's schedule was hectic.

I know a few people around here. Ironically, most of the military wives I've met that I actually feel like I click with are from facebook. I mean, I feel a click with the other wives too, but to feel a true connection like the friends I had back home, it's the ladies of facebook that give me that feeling.

My friends back home don't make me feel judged in the slightest bit. I can turn to them with any problem, regardless of how personal it is, and not have to worry about it being spread all over. They're there in a heartbeat when I need them. They're always willing to help out with anything. Some of the wives I've met here aren't like that. Sure, they try to be, but I don't know how much I can trust them.

Have you ever met someone that you felt like you had a connection with? Like, you just met them, and suddenly, you feel like you could trust them with anything? I've only met a couple face-to-face down here that I feel that way about, which is sad, but true. I have a feeling the wife that I'm possibly going to meet today is just like that. I honestly hope so.

Don't get me wrong, my friends back home will never lose their titles as best friends, but I'm hoping today I make a new best friend right here in Hampton Roads that I can share things with who will fully understand what I'm going through when it comes to the military and their b.s. My fingers are crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment